Hope you and your loved ones are doing well during these challenging times.
What a roller coaster of emotions many of us are going through right now! I certainly can speak for myself. So many intense inputs from the world outside that we have no control over. However, we do have the power to calm our nervous system and plug in to Source.
I apologize for the lack of communication with you in the past weeks. As life happens, sometimes we need a pause–a break to deal with our own grief, so we don’t break.
I wanted to share what is going on around here and to make sure we keep in touch.
- On the 5th of April we had to say goodbye to one of our dogs, our beloved Ziggy. Ziggy was our beautiful Wheaten Terrier that had been part of the family for 13 1/2 years. He was my loyal (sometimes obsessive)–and loud :)–companion. He greeted me happily when I came home even when he could barely stand up. While we were preparing for the end of his life for a few months, the closeness that the past weeks brought us made it very difficult to say goodbye. Silence, tears, meditation, more tears, hugs, hot yogi tea and Qigong can be very strong allies when we deal with grief. That is what I found out during this past week.
- Something my family has been working on for the past few weeks who am I kidding? just the adults!) is we have finally started our organic garden! We started a little audaciously by planting radish, lettuce, kale, parsley, basil and thyme. As first time gardeners, our appreciation for Mother Earth and farmers have multiplied by a thousand after we started caring for our “crop”. How blessed we are to live in California!
- My husband Dave and I have been practicing Qigong every morning and a few evenings as well. Almost every night we have a Sound Bath in our living room (I brought home singing bowls and a gong from the studio). It is our way to cope. After all, having three teenage boys at home during this time it’s not always easy. My oldest son is quarantined with us, so he participates in some of the practices and the sound bath. One of our teenage boys joins us for the sound bath and Qigong practice once in a while. We have high hopes that everybody will join in one of these days (we do dream big 🙂 ).
- Dave (a professional vegan chef and vegan product developer) and I have been cooking a lot lately. He is an amazing chef and we have been blessed when he “goes to town”, as he says, in the kitchen. He creates new dishes, dips, nutmilks, tofu and lots of delicious and healthy food. While we want to support local businesses and restaurants, using our resources have been incredibly important for our family. One amazing thing that I have noticed while putting the trash bin out today was that it was less than half full! That’s never happened before, especially with 6 people in the house. Using way fewer packaged foods has had a tremendous impact on our family’s carbon footprint!
- Because most of my family lives in Brazil—and two nieces and a nephew live in Europe—we all started doing Zoom meetings with each other. It feels good to be able to connect with our loved ones, to know they are doing well and to feel their presence, even if only virtually.
- I recently finished my training in Brain Education (currently working on the certification). This course will be a great resource for me to teach teens and children about brain integration, and coping with emotions and mindfulness. Some parts of it included in my energy healing training from several years ago, so I will be using new exercises to teach adults in my classes as well.
Please, feel free to send me an email to share how you are doing, how you are coping with this global crisis and how I can help you, even if remotely–with your training, with your spiritual practice, and with your continuous growth.
I miss seeing you, talking to you, growing with you, but know this time is much needed for Humanity and Earth to heal.
Much love to you, stay home (if possible for you). Be safe, be well, be strong!
P.S. Because our studio might be closed for a while, I am planning to offer Qigong and meditation classes online (via Zoom) and to offer healthy living info as well. Stay tuned for an official announcement!